Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Screen printing class!

A couple of weeks ago I signed up for an advanced screen printing class through the Atlanta Printmakers Studio. I figured that I really could use a brush up on technical info related to screen printing (I feel like I have forgotten a lot after a few years off!) and also wanted the opportunity to work around other artists again!

Tonight was our first gathering and I am incredibly excited about the course and think I am going to get a lot out of it. The instructors run a printing shop of their own (Danger Press), so they have a great amount of experience to share with the class. All of the students have a variety of projects in mind, and I'm really looking forward to watching everyone work and seeing where their ideas take them.

Below are a few pictures I borrowed from the APS website. They have a great setup and have a lot of equipment that would not be affordable for the average printmaker to invest in all at once. (See the letterpresses below!)



Next class I will get up the nerve to take a couple of photos of my own. I was a little too shy meeting everyone for the first time to step outside of my comfort zone! Doh!

1 comment:

  1. The theme of your blog is very beautiful and the article is written very well, I will continue to focus on your article.
    Screen printing classes

    ReplyDelete