Thursday, March 4, 2010

Young MC's Quilt!

A few weeks ago I posted an in-progress photo of a quilt I was working on. Well, I finished and mailed it off to two of my best friends, Scott and Sarah, who are expecting their first baby THIS MONTH!!! I kept it under wraps before they had a chance to actually see it for themselves because I wanted it to be a surprise...


A collection of random linen samples were used for the top, and an Alexander Henry fabric, Spotted Owls, for the backing. I found the backing fabric at Intown Quilters in Decatur. Actually, I should say that my husband found it - because he's the one who picked it out! I don't think I could have picked a better fabric myself!


I love the way this turned out... specifically the color palette. I am all about this color palette! But, I also like that it is fun and kid friendly with out being too cutesy or gender specific. They are having a little girl, but this way, if they have a boy in a few years they can continue using it. This is the first quilt that I have actually completely pieced, quilted, and bound from start to finish. Now, I want to do another!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! One day I too would like to make a quilt. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I absolutely love this, especially the owl fabric! I have wanted to quilt forever but haven't ever finished a project. I'm glad you were able to finish the quilt! Oh, and good news! We sold one of your bags!!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks so much Kimberly! I have never finished one until this one. I think part of my problem is that I always was too ambitious and my projects were too big. This one is 35 x 35" - so, it was very do-able.

    Yay! I'm so pumped that one of my bags sold! Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete